Minutes from 22nd June 2021
Holland Fen with Brothertoft Parish Council meeting held remotely
Via Zoom on Tuesday 22nd June 2021 at 8:00pm.
In Attendance: with Councillor Nigel Early in the Chair, there were present Councillors: Peter Robinson, Richard Leggott, Paul Anderson and Alan Dring
Clerk – Miss Sarah Kulwicki
County Councillor – Michael Brookes
Absent: Cllrs D. Ball, A. Cannon, M. Leggott, Borough councillor/s Chelcei Sharman and George Cornah.
The chairman declared the meeting open at 7:40 pm. Immediately following the annual parish meeting.
1. Chairman’s remarks – There were none.
2. Apologies for absence – Received and accepted from councillor/s D. Ball, A. Cannon, M. Leggott, and Borough councillor/s Chelcei Sharman and George Cornah.
3. Declarations of interest in accordance with the 2000 Local Government Act – There were none.
4. The notes from the meeting of the Council held on Tuesday 4th May 2021 (attached) to be approved as Minutes and signed by the Chairman
Councillor Brookes noticed a mistake as in the minutes and asked his name be removed from the people in attendance as he was not present for that meeting.
It was: -
Proposed by Councillor R. Leggott and Seconded by Councillor A. Dring and RESOLVED by all that the notes from 4th May 2021 are approved as minutes and can be signed by the Chairman with the change above in place.
5. Matters arising...
a) Councillor Early told the council that Cannons Cottage had planning applied for in 2019 and they do have permission for the extension that is currently being built.
6. Audit of accounts – presentation of accounts – Internal auditor has done checks all cleared for approval of this Council
a) To approve the council’s certificate of exemption
It was: -
Proposed by Councillor R. Leggott and Seconded by Councillor P. Anderson and RESOLVED, the certificate is approved and be signed by the chairman.
b) To confirm and approve the accounting statements contained in the Annual Return
The figures from the financial records have been transcribed into section 1 of the annual return.
It was: -
Proposed by Councillor A. Dring and Seconded by Councillor R. Leggott and RESOLVED that the accounting statements for the year ending 31st March 2021 be approved.
c) To approve the annual governance statement in the annual return
Members considered the detail within the governance statement and understood what they are, as a corporate body, approving.
It was: -
Proposed by Councillor N. Early and Seconded by Councillor R. Leggott and RESOLVED by all that the council answer ‘yes’ to all boxes contained in the annual return.
7. To approve payment of accounts: -
a) Zurich insurance - £144.59
b) M. Hird – Internal Audit - £20.00
c) Holland Fen Village Hall (June) - £18.00
It was: -
Proposed by Councillor N. Early and Seconded by Councillor A. Dring and RESOLVED by all that the above payments are approved and be duly signed.
8. To note general correspondence – The clerk told the council that councillor Ball had contacted her about Langrick Bridge having replacement traffic lights. Councillor Anderson told the council that there was a water leak and that is why the lights where in place.
9. To note all planning applications – There were no recent applications.
10. Highways matters – Any problems to report
a) A discussion was had on the overgrown hedges in the village. The council are going to continue to monitor it and deal with at a later date if necessary.
11. Langrick Bridge speeding – Councillor Ball – Not present unable to do.
12. To receive reports from representatives of outside bodies or local organisations
a) County Councillor – Michael Brookes told the council that NFFB is scheduled for a major patching scheme from 16th November. He also told the council that Kirton Drove had a job issued for jet patching on 17th May but it may take a while until the job is carried out.
b) Borough Councillor – Chelcei Sharman & George Cornhan not present. The clerk told the council if they have any issues, they want her to bring to their attention then please let her know.
c) Police – PCSO Neil Williams was unable to attend but he told the council via email that no new crimes have been reported since the councils last meeting.
13. Date of next meeting –Tuesday 7th September 2021, at Brothertoft village hall at 7:30pm.
14. Any other matters for inclusion on the next agenda
a) Councillor Anderson asked if the council could send a letter of thanks to a local villager who regularly litter picks in the area. The council agreed to do this. Councillor Anderson is going to pass on the contact details to the clerk.
The meeting closed at 8:20pm
Signed by Chairman…………………………0007.09.21