Minutes from 7th September 2021
Holland Fen with Brothertoft parish council meeting held on Tuesday 7th September 2021 in Brothertoft village hall at 7:30pm
In Attendance: with Councillor Nigel Early in the Chair, there were present Councillors: Peter Robinson, David Ball, Richard Leggott, Paul Anderson and Mark Leggott.
Clerk – Miss Sarah Kulwicki
County Councillor – Michael Brookes
Absent: Councillors A. Cannon, A. Dring, Borough councillors Chelcei Sharman and George Cornah.
The chairman declared the meeting open at 7:30 pm.
1. Chairman’s remarks – The Chairman welcomed all present and thanked them for coming.
2. Apologies for absence – Received and accepted from councillor/s A. Cannon, A. Dring and Borough councillors Chelcei Sharman and George Cornah.
3. Declarations of interest in accordance with the 2000 Local Government Act – There were none.
4. The notes from the meeting of the Council held on Tuesday 22nd June 2021 (attached) to be approved as Minutes and signed by the Chairman
It was: -
Proposed by Councillor R. Leggott and Seconded by Councillor P. Robinson and RESOLVED by all that the notes from 22nd June 2021 are approved as minutes and can be signed by the Chairman with the change above in place.
5. Matters arising...
a) Councillor Anderson told the council that he would send the clerk the information to contact and thank a local villager who regularly litter picks in the area as noted in the last council minutes.
6. To approve payment of accounts: -
a) Clerks’ salary 1st payment for 2021-22 - £475.00
b) S. Kulwicki – website transfer of all info and design - £150.00
c) Brothertoft Village hall - £20.00
7. To note general correspondence – The clerk told the council she had received a complaint about some hedges in the village which she has reported to highways, and they are dealing with it. She also had a few enquires about the council’s website which she has dealt with.
8. To note all planning applications
a) Ref: B/21/0367 – Boston west, golf course, Langrick Road – extension and change of use to existing clubhouse to provide a central hub facility.
9. Highways matters – Any problems to report
a) Councillor P. Anderson reported Ferry Lane as having some damage now including potholes.
b) Councillor R. Leggott reported Kirton Drove as still has major subsidence issues.
c) Councillor Brookes told the council that a patching job had been issued 3 or 4 months ago. Councillor Early told him that that has been done. Councillor Brookes presented a plan and informed the council that the Viking Link contractor will be resurfacing a length of Kirton Drove shown which is
in poor condition in Nov/Dec time before cabling works commences. The local highways manager is willing to explore options at the time to add extra work if needed
d) Councillor Early reported a pothole after two hundred farms just before Gill bridge.
e) Councillor Early reported that Parsons Drove Bridge has a pillar which has been knocked away from the brickwork.
f) Councillor Anderson reported that Ferry Lane just as you come over Langrick Bridge has overgrown hedges which require cutting back.
10) Langrick Bridge Speeding – Councillor Ball told the council that the police have been down once and caught 2 speeders in 5 minutes but then had to leave as there was a road traffic incident elsewhere. The clerk was asked to see if a Police officer would be able to go down again.
11) To receive reports from representatives of outside bodies or local organisations
a) County councillor – Michael Brookes reported that the winter maintenance offering of 1 tonne bag of salt can now be applied for by parish councils to use on roads/ areas that are not gritted by the county council. He told the council that as from 1st September you no longer need to book a slot at the household waste and recycling centre, a discussion was had on what vehicles require permits. He told the council that LCC are looking for residents to enrol and be part of the County Views Survey to get a better idea of resident’s views on local issues. The link to join can be found on the county councils website.
b) Borough councillor – Chelcei Sharman and George Cornah where no present so no reports where given.
c) Police – Neil Williams reported via email 2 crimes since the last council meeting.
12) Date of next meeting – Tuesday 2nd November 2021, at Holland Fen village hall at 7:00pm.
13) Any other matters for inclusion on the next agenda:
a) Councillor M. Leggott asked that the caravan parks be added to the next agenda, as not for permanent residency.
The meeting closed at 8:29pm