Notes from 2nd November 2021
Holland Fen with Brothertoft parish council meeting held on Tuesday 2nd November 2021 in Holland Fen village hall at 7:00pm
In Attendance: with Councillor Nigel Early in the Chair, there were present Councillors: Peter Robinson, Richard Leggott, Alan Dring, Paul Anderson and Mark Leggott.
Clerk – Miss Sarah Kulwicki
Public: 4 members of public where present.
Absent: Councillors A. Cannon, D. Ball, County councillor Michael Brookes, Borough councillors Chelcei Sharman and George Cornah.
The chairman declared the meeting open at 7:00 pm.
Members of public present made the council aware of the terrible condition of Kirton Drove. The road conditions have worsened since the arrival of limestone which they are using on site. They asked for the council to push for better road conditions especially in Kirton Drove. The roads they are using are unsuitable for the HGV’s carrying such large loads. The clerk was asked to write to Viking Link to find out what/ if they are willing to do anything to improve the conditions of the road. Public told the council that passing places would much improve the road and make it safer especially while they are using these roads as they are currently an unsuitable width. Questions where asked in regards to conditions in place for Viking link and if Highways carried out a road survey of the area beforehand. The clerk informed them that this would be available online within the planning application on Boston Borough Council’s website. Members of public where very frustrated.
- Chairman’s remarks – The Chairman welcomed all present and thanked them for coming it was nice to have some public in attendance.
- Apologies for absence – Received and accepted from councillor/s A. Cannon, D. Ball, County councillor Michael Brookes, Borough councillors Chelcei Sharman and George Cornah.
- Declarations of interest in accordance with the 2000 Local Government Act – There were none.
- The notes from the meeting of the Council held on Tuesday 7th September 2021 (attached) to be approved as Minutes and signed by the Chairman
It was: -
Proposed by Councillor R. Leggott and Seconded by Councillor M. Leggott and RESOLVED by all that the notes from 7th September 2021 are approved as minutes and can be signed by the Chairman.
- Matters arising..
- Councillors asked that councillor Brookes chase the trees being cut back on Mill lane.
- Councillor Leggott asked if Parsons Bridge had been repaired. No updates.
- To co-option of any potential candidates present – There were none.
- To approve council’s Budget and precept for 2022-2023 – See attached
It was: -
Proposed by Councillor R. Leggott and Seconded by Councillor P. Robinson and RESOLVED that the budget be approved and a precept of £3,250.00 be applied for.
- To approve payment of accounts: -
- Street light repairs or removal to be discussed – Councillors discussed the benefits of having the light there and having it removed.
It was: -
Proposed by Councillor A. Dring and Seconded by Councillor R. Leggott and RESOLVED that the wooden street light on NFFB after the turning for Barley Sheaf Court be removed by contractors to make safe. (£650.00 + VAT removal cost)
- To note general correspondence – The clerk told the council this is all done through email, one member of public has asked for an update on a highways issue in which she has responded.
- To note all planning applications – None. Councillor R. Leggott told the clerk there has been one application for Boston west to vary conditions but the clerk was unaware of this application.
- Highways matters – Any problems to report
- The clerk was asked to report 2 pot holes, one near poplar farm and one near cheetams lane.
- The clerk was asked to report the hedges in Kirton Fen near Amber farm.
- The clerk was asked to request a visit from planning enforcement to the caravan park as it should be closed in Feb/ March and this is not normally the case.
- To receive reports from representatives of outside bodies or local organisations
- County Councillor – Michael Brookes was not present but has spoken with the clerk and has asked for the council to let him know of any issues and to update him on Kirton Drove once it has been discussed. (in public forum)
- Borough Councillor – Chelcei Sharman & George Cornhan not present no reports given.
- Police – No report received. The clerk told the council this may come through email in the next few days.
- To confirm the meeting dates for 2022:
Brothertoft Village Hall:
Tuesday 4 January 2022 7:00pm
Tuesday 3 May 2022 7:30pm AGM&APM
Tuesday 6 September 2022 at 7:30pm
Holland Fen Village Hall:
Tuesday 1 March 2022 7:00pm
Tuesday 5 July 2022 7:30pm
Tuesday 1 November 2022 7:00pm
- Date of next meeting –Tuesday 4th January 2022, at 7:00 p.m. at Brothertoft village Hall.
- Any other matters for inclusion on the next agenda – Kirton Drove update was asked to be added to the next agenda.
The meeting closed at 8:12pm